Release Date: 15 June 1969 in USA
Genres: Comedy, Music
Director: Bill Davis, Bob Boatman
Cast: Roy Clark, Gunilla Hutton, Buck Owens, Gailard Sartain, Junior Samples, Lisa Todd
Time Life video collections have long focused on helping nostalgic viewers recapture the classic TV shows of their youth, and the new Time Life Hee Haw collection continues that great tradition.
Many viewers remember the classic Hew Haw episodes, including classic performers like Buck Owens, Roy Clark, Minnie Pearl and others in ten classic Hee Haw episodes. This great series includes the original Hee Haw premiere and other classic comedy moments as well.
Just a few of the highlights of the Hee Haw video series include:
- Hee Haw: Tammy Wynette, George Jones, Faron Young and Merle Haggard – This classic DVD includes performances by some of the superstars of country music, including a glorious rendition of Stand By Your Man by Tammy Wynette, and a proud rendition of Okie from Muskogee by the great Merle Haggard.
- Hee Haw: Hank Williams, Jr., Merle Haggard, Loretta Lynn and Dottie West – Just a few of the many performers to grace the Hee Haw stage, this volume includes the classic moment when then 20-year-old Hank Jr. stopped by, and some classic comedy and music moments by Merle Haggard.
- Hee Haw: Waylon Jennings, Jessi Colter, Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn – Hee Haw was long known for booking country music stars at the peaks of their careers, and this volume showcases that like no other. On this video, Jesse Colter showcases her soon to be huge hit I’m Not Lisa. In addition, Roy Clark and Buck Owens deliver some classic comedy moments.
- Hee Haw: Donna Fargo, Charlie Rich, Johnny Cash and George Lindsey – This volume showcases the laughs and the music that made Hee Haw so special, and it includes wonderful performances from Johnny Cash and Charlie Rich among others.
- Hee Haw: Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Jana Jae and Kenny Price – This volume features Kenny Price singing his career making hit and a classic performance from Dolly Parton as well. In addition, this volume features Kenny Rogers singing his hit Lucille and Dolly Parton gracing the stage with I Will Always Love You.
- Hee Haw: The Premiere Episode – And what a premiere it was. The lineup for this first ever episode of Hee Haw included Loretta Lynn singing her 1968 hit song Your Squaw is on the Warpath, in addition to the first national television performance of Charley Pride, singing two classic songs by the great Hank Williams.
- Hee Haw: Laffs – This classic volume draws from the many memorable one liners, Hee Haw classics and favorites you remember, plus some you might have missed. Roy Clark and Buck Owens deliver those classic guffaws and trademark down home humor on this hilarious DVD volume.
With all these classic moments, it is easy to see why Hee Haw was such a beloved show with so many people, and why those nostalgic viewers are turning to Time Life to relive those classic Hee Haw moments. Country music fans, and lovers of classic comedy, will all love this series of Time Life videos.